LCBT – College Update
LCBT – Guide of Awarding 2021 GCSEs and Vocational Qualifications
The Government has said that many exams and assessments cannot be held fairly this year as a result of the disruption students have faced due to the pandemic.
Your teachers will instead submit grades to the exam boards, based on their assessment of what you have shown you know and can do, enabling you to progress to the next stage of your education, training, or employment.
Please see the following links regarding a guide outlines the arrangements in place for awarding grades in summer 2021, and where you can go for additional information.
- JCQ – Guidance for students, parents and guardians: GCSEs and AS/A Levels in England – Summer 2021
- Qfqual – Student guide to awarding summer 2021
- LCBT – Formal appeals procedure for Teach Assessed Grades
How your grade will be determined
- Graded by teacher judgement, with teacher judgments undergoing quality checks and signed off by managers before being submitted to the exam board
- Not graded by an algorithm
- College assessments can continue – your teacher will let you know the timings of any assessments
- You’ll only be assessed on what you’ve been taught
- Your teacher will tell you the evidence they will use to determine your grade
- You will not be told what grade has been submitted for you
- A range of evidence can be used, such as mocks, tests and work you have already done
- Non-exam assessment (often known as coursework) will continue
- Non-exam assessment can be used as evidence
- The college can use questions provided by exam boards if it chooses to do so
- The College must follow guidance when determining your grades and the exam boards will check we have done so
Level 3 Technicals: 10 August
GCSEs and Level 2 Technicals: 12 August