This accessibility statement primarily relates to www.lcbt.co.uk. It does not apply to other website applications under the lcbt.co.uk domain e.g. subdomains or third party systems using the London College of Beauty Therapy (LCBT) logo.
This website is run by The London College of Beauty Therapy (LCBT) is one of the largest funded specialist college of its kind, we want as many people as possible to be able to use our website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Zoom in up to 300% without problems
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Use most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Parts of this website may not be fully accessible. These areas include:
- Some pages and document attachments are not written in plain English
- Many documents are in PDF format and are not accessible
- Certain background/text contrast ratio issues related to our colour palette
The London College of Beauty Therapy (LCBT) website provides information and content that comes from different sources/departments within the organisation and therefore there may be further work required to get this content updated.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The London College of Beauty Therapy (LCBT) is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to some content such as documents/attachments may not comply fully.
- Images on some pages do not always have suitable image descriptions. Users of assistive technologies may not have access to information conveyed in images. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (Non-text Content).
- Many documents are in less accessible formats, for example PDF. Non-HTML documents published on or after 23 September 2018 must have an accessible format.
- Certain background/text colour contrast ratios may not meet the minimum contrast ratio (Contrast minimum)
How we tested this website
The website has been tested by both human and variety of automated testing tools to verify it’s accessibility status. These include:
- axe (Accessibility testing tool)
- Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool (WAVE)
- User testing
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
Images that do not have suitable alternative text have been flagged and will be updated in a on-going manner, as the London College of Beauty Therapy website has multiple images across all it’s pages. In situations where images do not relate or convey important meaning, these are marked as decorative to avoid confusing contexts for screen reader users.
Content that has been identified as not being complaint with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard is being addressed in a staged process and will be updated as these areas are fixed.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us.