CIBTAC Level 4 Diploma
LCBT presents the Aesthetic Practice CIBTAC Level 4 Diploma in Aesthetic Practice. The course provides the practitioner with a broad portfolio of clinical procedural skills for remedial treatment of the skin incorporating chemical skin peeling, micro-needling and non-surgical blemish removal using electrocautery techniques.
ENROLLING NOW! Find out more at an Open Day, Call (0207 208 1300), Email at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Drop in and speak to an advisor anytime.
Entry requirements to the course are outlined below but not limited too the following:
- Aged 19+ from 31st of August 2022 onwards for entry within 2022/23 academic year
- Fluent English
- 5 GCSE’s A-C/9-4 or equivalent including English and Maths
- Level 3 Beauty Therapy or Medical Qualification
- Qualified in an OFQUAL regulated Facial Skincare qualification or unit
- Evidence of working at least 6 months in the Beauty related industry post qualifying at a required Level 3 Beauty Therapy qualification or equivalent, delivering advanced facial treatments on clients within a salon/clinic environment. (Employer reference required)
Upon enquiring for the course, you will be provided with the full requirements of the application process.
- 07/12/2023 (19+)
- 4-5 months
Students will be required to complete an e-learning module, workbook, multiple choice test and multiple assignments for each unit that is chosen to study prior to booking onto practical days depending on the qualification chosen. Practical sessions can be booked once all elearning elements are completed. There are up to 15 days of practical and up to 6 case studies to complete depending on the course you choose, as well as a final theory and practical exam for each unit.
This course is heavily self-directed study with support and direction from the course tutor in relation to the theory elements of the course. Students must have the knowledge and capability to undertake self research and complete assignments, including accurate citations within using Harvard Referencing, equivalent to a foundation degree standard.
Knowledge expectations of Level 2 and Level 3 Anatomy and Physiology is required as the course will not cover subjects that are expectant of the students entering the course.
LCBT delivers a range of Level 4 qualifications. They have been designed and developed as modular courses, which are flexible to fit in with your work schedules and family commitments. Upon completion you will achieve a Level 4 Diploma enabling you work as a qualified therapist.
- Core Knowledge for Aesthetic Practice
- Chemical Peel
- Non-Surgical Blemish Removal
Core of Knowledge underpins all other units of our Level 4 qualification portfolio and represents a mandatory study for every aesthetic practitioner as specified by the Health Education England Report published on January 8th 2016, due to this it is embedded into each of our Certificate and Diploma courses. Core Knowledge is also the perfect course for managers, non-practitioner personnel or anyone involved in the establishment and running of an aesthetic practice.
Chemical peeling module will provide an extensive study of the underpinning knowledge essential for best clinical practice. In both theory and practical elements the course will cover a wide variety of different peeling formulations, procedures and adaptations to protocol to ensure well informed, and therefore safe and effective, treatment of all skin types.
Micro Needling is the use of dermal rollers, stamps and motorised fractional needling that will provide you with the most comprehensive training available in the delivery of this versatile skin treatment. It ensures practical competence and examines the indications for treatment, the inflammatory process and the physiology of the healing response initiated by the treatment for skin regeneration.
Non-surgical blemish removal is a study of elementary dermatology & the clinical removal of minor skin lesions and the practice of blemish removal using short wave diathermy, thermo-coagulation or advanced electrolysis is a treatment required by many clients but offered by very few therapists or aesthetic practitioners. It is non-invasive, effective and safe, low on consumable cost but with a high financial return. An absolute must for any clinical skin care practitioner. This course provides you with knowledge of removable skin lesions and practical training in the procedures required for their effective removal using electrocautery techniques.
Removal of the following blemishes would be covered only:
- Spider Naevi
- Campbell de morgan
- Skin Tags
- 19+ Advanced Learner Loan – £3,345.00
- Full Cost/Private – £3,345.00
- OVERSEAS STUDENTS: International Students outside of the EEA do not qualify for concessionary or non-concessionary fees and may not qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan and will be required to pay the full cost of tuition fees. Evidence of your legality to study in the UK will be required. LCBT is unable to provide any assistance with visa application processes and reserves the right to refuse enrolment on to the course.