Level 3 Diploma
Gym Instructing and Personal Training
LCBT’s Level 3 Diploma in Gym Instructing, and Personal Training will kick start your career in the Fitness Industry and is delivered through a range of ways enabling you to prescribe, plan and deliver safe but effective exercise programmes. This is where our experienced Health and Fitness lecturers will work with your needs to provide you with the qualification for entry to the health and fitness sector, teaching you a variety of skills which will open career opportunities in the Gym and Fitness Industry as a fully qualified Personal Trainer.
At LCBT we offer this as a fast-track course to gain an accredited qualification to improve employment prospects.
A typical course day will run from 9am- 5pm- 2 days a week, one day 9am- 5pm via remote learning, aided with your tutor to personally support you through your course work and case studies. This offers a blended learning approach to your study programme.
Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended.
This course requires physical exertion, case study work and individual gym participation is essential. You will also be required to provide a suitable client for your programme with specific and legitimate goals agreed by you, which will form part of the summative assessment and must be considered out of a gym instructor’s or personal trainer’s scope of practice and must be able to take part in the planned session to meet the assessment criteria.
There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading, and writing) you will need basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
FIND OUT MORE – At an Open Day, Call (0207 208 1300) or Email email@example.com to speak to an adviser.
COURSE START DATE: 5th December 2022
- 4 Month Programme
- Monday & Tuesday 9-5pm
- Thursday 9-5pm Remote learning
- Central London based
- Advance learner Loans – £2,225 (Incl. Registration & Certification fees)
- Textbooks/ Manuals – £65 – must be paid on top of the loan amount.
You will gain an Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Gym instructing and Personal Training.
As part of our employment engagement there will be opportunities to attending fitness classes and gym industry talks with well-known fitness companies. This will help you gain all the necessary skills to enable you to progress into employment.
During this combined course, the following content will be covered in this qualification:
Gym Instructing units to include
- Planning & Instructing Gym-Based Exercise
- Anatomy & Physiology, Professional Customer Care, Health and Safety, Conducting Client Consultations
Personal Training units to include
- Anatomy & Physiology, Principles of Nutrition, Client Consultations / Health Assessment
- Personal training for individual & group, Programme design & delivery for personal training
- Professionalism and business acumen for Personal Trainers
Assessments requirements include – Course work, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence. Practical demonstration and Assignment
As this course is specially designed for you to become a Gym Instructor a Personal Trainer, it will enable you to teach gym-based exercises, planning personal training plans for clients to meet fitness and nutrition goals. You will be qualified to work in Gyms, Leisure Centres, on Cruise-Liners, Hotels, Health Retreats and Spas within their fitness facilities. It also opens job opportunities in the Health & Fitness industry should you wish to pursue your career around the world.
Here are some examples of education progression routes which you can advance onto, higher level qualifications as well as a suite of Level 3 exercise vocational qualifications you may pursue, should you wish to take your career to the next level:
- Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre & Postnatal Clients with Exercise & Nutrition.
- Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
- Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.