Level 2 Diploma: Health & Fitness
LCBT’s course Level 2 Diploma in Health & Fitness for 16-18 year olds is a great way to get started and qualified for a career in the Fitness Industry and become a Fitness Instructor. The course is delivered through a range of methods working with your needs to provide you with a range of skills which will open career opportunities in the Gym and Fitness Industries. You will learn Level 2 Fitness Instructing as well as Circuit Training and Kettlebells. A typical course day will run 2-4 days a week, from 9am-5pm, you will be required to attend the full day.
You will be provided with T-Shirts to wear whilst you are at College. You will then receive Manuals and Workbooks to assist you.
A good level of English, successful interview and initial assessment. Learners will need to evidence their ability of English and Maths to at least an Entry Level 3 standard. Potential learners need to be able to demonstrate dedication and commitment to learning and have aspirations to work and progress into the industry. Applications are allocated on a first come, first served basis, we cannot hold places.
FIND OUT MORE – At an Open Day, Call (0207 208 1300) or Email email@example.com to speak to an adviser.
This course will give you a variety of skills which will open up your choice of career opportunities in Fitness Industry and the direction you wish to take. You will be taught at a well-equipped gym in London. Our tutors have extensive fitness experience in the industry. You will be given a chance to attend regular fitness events, talks and volunteer opportunities and gain all the necessary skills to allow you to progress in your chosen career.
- Fitness Instruction and Gym Based Exercise (includes skills for entering employment / employment interviews)
- Planning and instructing gym based exercise
- Planning and delivering in different environments, supporting healthy lifestyles
- Planning and instructing Circuit Training
- Planning and instructing Kettle Bells
- Healthly and wellbeing (nutrition and healthy lifestyle, including mental health and smoking awareness)
English and Maths If you are 16-18 years of age as part of your course you may need to complete English and/or Maths as part of your Study Programme.
When you fully complete your study programme, you will gain a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Fitness. You will also be eligible for entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 2. The continued professional development points within this qualification will enable you to register for recognition and insurance through the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) once you successfully achieve this qualification to allow you to continue your professional career within the fitness industry.
Once you have successfully completed and achieved this qualification and received a recommendation by your tutor, you may be eligible to progress onto the Level 3 courses listed below:
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise referral
- Most short courses i.e. exercise to music
Our experienced tutors and job shop advisers will be able to provide you advice on your progression routes within the Health & Fitness industry Once enrolled you will have access to the on-line Job Shop and careers advisors!
- 16-18 years of age only (as per 8th August 2022) – No tuition or examination fees.
- (£75 for kit and materials to use and keep)
- Full Cost – £2,523
- (Inclusive of t-shirt and materials to use and keep)
- OVERSEAS STUDENTS: International Students outside of the EEA do not qualify for concessionary or non-concessionary fees and will be required to pay the full cost of tuition fees. Evidence of your legality to study in the UK will be required. LCBT is unable to provide any assistance with visa application processes and reserves the right to refuse enrolment on to the course.